and current pets ready for the arrival of a baby is an important step in family
harmony and safety. Here are a few
- Brush up on training. With frequent visitors and a chaotic
schedule, everyone will appreciate a well-mannered dog. Practice basic obedience or take a
teach a cue to cease barking; offer an extra special treat for
- Off limits, please. If you’ll be keeping your dog out of the
nursery, set up the room early, and reward her for waiting at the door. A
baby gate is a great option to control movements of baby & pet.
- Socialize. Take a walk with friends and their
babies, or visit a playground so your dog gets accustomed to the rapid
movements and high-pitched tones of young children.
- Establish a routine. Come up with a walk or playtime and
stick to it.
- Plan for care. Line up several options of dog care
givers to call on when you’re at the hospital and those first few months
is. And, as you child grows instill respect, boundaries and proper handling of the animals they share a home with.
adjusting to life with baby.