Thursday, November 17, 2011

Jessie




Jessie/OK-SpecNeeds




Great Pyrenees: An adoptable dog in Owasso,
OK




Hi everyone, my name is
Jessie and it might not seem like it, but I am one lucky boy! At 8 months old I
was lost, thirsty and very tired so I was resting beside a busy highway when a
caring lady stopped to help me. I immediately wagged my tail and gave her a big
smile so she would know how grateful I was for her help. It was obvious to her
that I was injured so she took me straight to the dog doctor and then contacted
the nice people at GPR to rescue me.



After they took pictures of my back leg they knew what I couldn't tell them
myself, and that is that my injured leg was Not a new injury; I had a terrible
accident that shattered my rear knee as a young puppy and I had suffered a long
time dragging around a broken leg that left me unable to use my leg. Throughout
all this I kept wagging my tail and offering all my love to let all my new
friends know that I was okay and not to be sad for me, I didnĂ‚’t want them to
cry and be upset, after all I am one lucky pup to have been saved! After all
the doctors talked, they decided I would have to have my leg amputated. After
my surgery I woke up not feeling too good, but I was very relieved to find my
friends still there with me, so I knew everything would be okay.



Its been a few months now and I am feeling great! I have NO limitations, and I
am getting around just fine. I can keep up with a good game of chase with all
my new dog friends at my foster home; it's actually easier now that I dont have
to drag around a bum leg.



Now that i'm all better I am ready to sniff out my fur-ever family. I love
everyone I meet, esp. kids cause they are so fun and i'm a fun loving guy
myself! I like all dogs, little, big, it doesn't make a difference to me as
long as they like to play. I also get along with cats and I know not to chase
them, and if they want to play with me i'm happy to play nice with them too. I
am house trained, crate trained, and a good boy walking on the leash. My foster
mom said to tell you that i'm neutered, utd on all my vaccinations, and heart
worm negative. Like I said before, I am a very lucky boy indeed cause I have a
new lease on life! If you are looking for a love bug to make part of your
family please contact me for a visit by using the adoption link below. I hope
to see you soon!



Pyrs in OK are available for adoption to surrounding states but do not have
transport options to the northeast at this time.



NGPR Pooch Profile



Name: Jessie in OK - Special Needs



Age: approx. 10 mos old



Color: white



Dew Claws: yes



Estimated Adult Weight: 90 lbs -



Origin: Oklahoma stray



Current Location: NGPR approved foster in Owasso, OK



Medical: Neutered or spayed, dewormed, negative for heartworm,
up-to-date on vaccinations and currently on flea, tick and heartworm
preventative. This dog travels with an Interstate Health Certificate required
by the USDA confirming that all the above criteria have been met.



Housebroken: yes



Can be Placed With: Children, Other Dogs, Cats



Fencing: Secure VISIBLE fencing is required



Fees: Will be provided by the rescue when application is received.



If you can't foster or adopt at this time, please consider helping our Neediest
Cases
.




Please fill out our short APPLICATION
FORM
and we will get back to you within 48 hours. Thanks.


About Us: National Great Pyrenees Rescue (NGPR) is not a shelter. We
are a not-for-profit, tax-exempt coalition of Pyr rescuers and rescue groups.
We save Pyrs and Pyr mixes across the country and place them in approved foster
homes so we know how they will interact with your family. Please
consider adopting or fostering. Every dog who is fostered or adopted makes
room for another Pyr coming out of a kill shelter.
Prior to adoption, NGPR
dogs are fostered for a minimum of two weeks (usually more), spayed or neutered
and fully vetted. Dogs coming from out of area are certified with a USDA health
certificate before going to their new homes. Our rescuers adhere to the highest
placement standards and will take back any dog whose adoption does not
succeed. Visit www.nationalpyr.org
to learn more about us, our mission and our breed.


More Information: Questions? The fastest way to learn more about a dog
is to fill out the application form below. If you call or e-mail you are
reducing your chances of adopting this animal as we direct our time and energy
to first serving those who apply. For more information about our adoption
process please visit our adoption information page.

Want to help but can’t adopt now? You can make a tax-exempt donation by
visiting our donation page.


This exceptional Great Pyrenees dog has been selected for sponsorship by National Great Pyrenees
Rescue (NGPR)
We have many Pyrs and Pyr mixes who need homes and not all of
them are posted. You can see more of these beautiful dogs by clicking on Rescue Dogs.



Love this breed? NGPR
now has a Rescue
Store
where your purchase goes to help our rescue dogs and neediest cases.






More
about Jessie/OK-SpecNeeds



Pet
ID: OK-0223 • Spayed/Neutered • Up-to-date with routine shots • House trained •
Special Needs • Primary color: White or Cream • Coat length: Long



Jessie/OK-SpecNeeds's
Contact Info



National Great Pyrenees
Rescue
,
Owasso, OK










No comments:

Post a Comment